[macvoiceover] Flash is Poison!

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:29:39 -0500

If, like me, you enjoy documentaries, the web site, www.streaming-madness.net,
has incredible content you can view online without cost.  The downside, though,
is that the one button that you really need - namely the "Play" button - is
exposed through Flash and VO doesn't see it at all.  The rest of the site is
very accessible but you can't play the movies without the Play button.

It works great with JAWS and SA in IE.  I haven't tried any other browser/AT
combo.

Is there a way to draw a frame around a Flash button that VO thinks is empty
space on the page and route the mouse cursor to it and click?  Cumbersome, yes,
but as long as Adobe shuts us out, it could be the only solution.

Flash is definitely a toxic.

cdh>