[macvoiceover] Re: Firefox on the mac query

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:25:50 +0200

Let me ask a question for which i will probably be flamed to death, because it's a politically incorrect one: Why do we need to navigate between tables? I have been a windows user for many years, and have probably not understood that feature at all, so i personally don't miss it that much. I think the navigation in group mode especially is very good. Some quick keys could perhaps work a little better, but on the whole for me Safari works well. Only thing i miss from the windblows world is Webvisums captcha solver, which would've been nice to have in safari. Wonder if Webvisum could be Safarized, is Safari at all pluginable, or do we have to wait until such time the VO accessibility for FF is ready?

/Krister

18 jul 2008 kl. 23.12 skrev Scott Rutkowski:

Hi Chris.

I think the hardest thing with safari is having to use vo right arrow to read the actual text on the page. I know you can tab between links, the hardest thing to get used to I suppose is there doesn't seem to be a command to move from table to table.
Maybe if I play with it more it will make more sense.
Everything else on the mac works fine, I suppose i'm just used to using internet explorer on windows and having the virtual buffer and being able to move around the web page line by line link by link and move between tables boxes etc.

Thanks.