[macvoiceover] Re: FW: [Webwatch] Interesting Blog Post on Macintosh Web Browsing Accessibility

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:50:10 -0500

I too had suggested mozilla build an opensource screen reader for osx, since apple makes all the documentation available, and someone who appears to be as good at osx coding as the mozilla team appears to be should have little trouble doing so. But, as you say, the response to such a suggestion was, shall we say, not met with the greatest of enthusiasm. *grin* I'd offered to assist an any way they required, from contacting apple to get clarification on documentation, to even doing what I could to help the programming process along as best I could, perhaps combining parts of existing code to create a whole, but so far, I've received no response to that part of my note, only the part about them not wanting to build a screen reader. It's really a shame when help is offered so freely (I know others have made offers as well for various things) and to be ignored, doesn't inspire confidence in their procedures. However, all companies are like that, so we shall just have to wait and see what (if anything) happens.