[macvoiceover] Re: Expanding radio stations in iTunes

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 22:57:18 -0800

Hi Everett, there are two ways of doing this, the first way I was
taught was to interact with the first catigory in the songs table,
after vo right arrowing to it, after using first letter navigation to
get to the radio stream portion of the table, and once you've
interacted with the first catigory in the songs table, you vo right
arrow to the name column, and find the catigory you want, then to be
sure, route your mouse to that catigory with vo command f5, then, to
make sure your mouse is under the correct catigory, use vo f5, and it
should say the name of the catigory, is under the mouse, and once this
is confirmed, do a double left click with vo shift space bar twice,
quickly, and that should expand the catigory, at which point, you can
down arrow to the station you want, and press enter.  The next way I
was taught, is to interact with the songs catigory, as before, and vo
right arrow to the name column, then use command a to select all the
catigories, find the one you want, and then use vo backslash to expand
the catigories, including the one you're on, and press enter as before
to play the stream you want, but somehow, when trying this other
method, my catigory table got flipped, and now, alternative is on the
bottom, when it should be on the top, and I would like to get my songs
table right side up again, so for now, I just go to the individual
catigory I want, and expand it with vo backslash, and play the station
I want, and when I'm done, or want to switch to another catigory, I
press space to stop the current station, go back up to the catigory,
and press vo backslash, which will cause the catigory to collapse, and
then I can expand the catifgory I want, but voice over never says
collapsed when you vo backslash on an expanded catigory, plus, I'd like
to get my screen resolution to 1024 by 768 for best performance with
i-tunes, but that was in another message, and I know this was long, but
I hope it helps you.
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:07:05 -0400, E.J. Zufelt wrote:

Good evening,

Trying to expand a radio station category in iTunes.  I have selected
the
collapsed category (Classic Rock) using the down arrow key.  What do I
need
to do to expand this control?

I tried using VO + H twice but there didn't seem to be anything that
suggested expansion.  There was something that sounded right (I forget
the
name now).  But the keystroke involved using the "triangle" key.  Can
someone please explain what the triangle key is?

Thanks,
Everett

Marty