[macvoiceover] Eset smart security for mac

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:31:08 -0500

Hi all.

I decided it's time to have antivirus protection for the mac. Since I use
Eset's antivirus on my Windows machines, I decided to do the free 30-day trial
of the software from Eset for the Mac. After installing, I found the system
dialog for the program; there's also an "eset cyber security" in Applications.
I think when I opened it the first time it said it was updated. However, I
don't see a way to get it to update the database other than whenever it does it
automatically and the button with the signature date appears to say it for
March 20 2009, but when I click on the button I'm taken to safari and it shows
the current day's database number, date and info. So I'm wondering if this
trial package really hasn't updated or if for some reason the button always
shows the original (first) database date. i'm also wondering if there's no way
to force an update or if I'm missing it or if some of the functions aren't
accessible with voiceover. If anybody else has tried or is using the Eset
software, I'd appreciate your input. With Eset, trial packages are usually the
normal full package but with a deadline after which they won't work unless you
buy. My expiration date is showing.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl