[macvoiceover] Re: Email Question

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:46:01 -0500

Hi Jan an welcome to the world of the bright and shiny!

First, the addressesyou enter are not actually added to your address book, they are added to the previous recipiants list which keeps track of the address to which you send messages to whether forwarding, composing or replying etc. this list can be found by opening the previous recipients panel under the window menu. you can delete all of those addresses or ad te ones you want to your adress book, but I don't know how to turn this feature off through normal means but I'm sure there's a way.

Turning off auto complete for typing address can be done by unchecking its checkbox in mail prefs under composing. This will hold true for all accounts in mail.

I do not know of a way to

On Dec 29, 2008, at 2:34 PM, Jan Stirbens wrote:

Hello,

I am a new Mac user, just got my Mac Book last weekend.

Is there a way to disable auto complete when typing the address of an email message? Also, whenever I type an address, it is added to my address book.
Can I disable that feature?

Jan