[macvoiceover] Re: Easy way to read email

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:45:30 -0700

Hi Russell, maybe David and the others can assist with that, I see nothing wrong with the preview pane, but this is a personal preference, and is a strong reminder of pm mail.

On Aug 7, 2009, at 7:02 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi Marty,

Thanks for this! So, I know there were messages to the list as to how to turn off preview pane, but unfortunately those messages are on my old Windows box, which isn't hooked up right now. Can you tell mehow to turn off preview pane? Is it a good thing to turn it off?

Thanks,

Russell

On 6-Aug-09, at 10:46 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi Russell, you are reading messages in the preview pane, by what you have described, and you can also press enter on a message, and have it read that way, but then you must use command w to close the message window.
On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:30:57 -0600, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi all,

As I'm wading through all the email from this list, I came across a
fast and easy way to read email. You guys might already know about
this, but I'm finding it quite quick to get through email. Here's
what I do:

When first opening mail, I'm placed in a list of email messages that I
can arrow up and down through.

I select the first message I wish to read, and press tab, and VO reads
the entire message. I press the delete key, providing I don't wish to
keep the message, and am placed back in my message list.

I press tab again and have VO read the message.

So, with one finger of my left hand on the tab key, and one finger on
on my right hand on the delete key, I can read mail as fast or faster
than I could in Outlook!

Hope this is helpful to some!

Russell

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx