[macvoiceover] Does anyone experience trouble with drag and drop?

  • From: Brett Campbell <blindinnovator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:08:04 -0600

I'm attempting to use the drag and drop VoiceOver feature outlined in the SL leopard getting started manual. I am experiencing sort of a lock up when I try to move a file. For example, I had my downloads folder and my documents folder open in the finder. After following the keyboard drag and drop instructions, not only was I unable to transfer a file, I could no longer cycle among the finder windows. I could not bring up the finder menu. I could bring up menus in other apps. I could not restart or shut down by selecting in the Apple menu. I had to perform a force quit with the power button. I had the same results when attempting all of the above a second time.

Can anyone reproduce this?
Does installing a new app on your Mac ever cause trouble throughout your system? I installed textexpander a couple of days ago. I don't know if my quirks are related to Snow Leopard or a new app.

Thanks,

Brett