[macvoiceover] Re: Dictation on the Mac

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:31:28 -0600

That explains a lot, thanks very much.

Any difference in accuracy between the two modes?

Ian

On Sep 22, 2015, at 11:28 AM, Ignasi Cambra Díaz <ignasicambra@xxxxxx> wrote:

It just means that as you speak you can see text appearing on the screen.
It's not very useful for us though, because VO doesn't read anything.
Obviously that wouldn't make any sense given that you are using the
microphone to dictate.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2015, at 6:56 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Poking around a bit more with dictation, I'm wondering about something. In
the description of enhanced dictation, I understand what it means to use
dictation off-line, that makes sense. What I'm curious about is Live
dictation with continuous feedback, what does this mean?

Thanks for any wisdom on this,