[macvoiceover] Re: Dictation in mail

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 17:10:40 -0600

In mail I’ll be dictating away, and I suddenly get the ding tone you get when
you key off dictation, and a dialogue comes up saying Mail quit unexpectedly.

Dictation seems to be working fine in other apps like text edit, no issue with
picking up my voice through the microphone on the side of my Macbook Air, even
when I just have the unit sitting on my lap like normal.

For the blue tooth headset, I have similar issues dictating with Siri on my
iPhone, a much higher rate of missed or misspelled words.

Hmmm, just realized I havne’t done a repair permissions in a while, I’d better
try that before I try to figure out what is up with mail and dictation.

Ian