[macvoiceover] Re: Deleting mail messages from the server

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:11:54 -0700

Hello,
If you're talking about the Mac, do this.
Go to mail preferences with Command Comma.
Locate Accounts and enter that category.
Next locate the tabs where you will find things like, General, Mail and Advance.
Go to Advance.
Here you will see a setting for deleting mail from the server.
First make sure that remove from server is set.
Now select when you want to delete, I set mine to Right Away.
Then if you want, there is a button to manually do this.
From this point on, depending on how you set it, you will never have to worry about it again.
HTH.
Dan

On Jul 23, 2009, at 9:10 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all
Anyone know what setting I need to adjust to do this? I have changed my mail setting to delete when exiting, but still my mail stays on the server.
TIA,
Donna