[macvoiceover] Re: Database software

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:56:22 -0700

Ok, I need a little more information, how do you create a database within a
spreadsheet program? I understand that databases use tables similar to a
spreadsheet, but how do you then manipulate the data?

Here’s what I need to do, maybe that will help things be clearer. I’m part of
running a cafe that is staffed by volunteers. I want to record their hours such
that I can pull up an individual and see the shifts they worked and a count of
their hours, and pull up a date or shift and see who worked it. I assumed this
was database territory, but let me drop that assumption and start from scratch.

This is what I originally got Bento for, but alas wasn’t quick enough to
utilize it. At least I wasn’t too invested in it when it went away.

Doing some reading today I came across Tap Forms, which apparently started on
IOS but now has a Mac version. I noticed 2 things about it in the support
documentation, you can import your Bento templates and data, and they’ve paid
specific attention to Voiceover accessibility. Anyone have experience with it?
If not, I guess I’ll be putting on my crash helmet and playing test pilot.

Ian