[macvoiceover] DTBmaker SM

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Beth Janes <mjanes@xxxxxxxxx>, Technical Developments Discussion List <technical-developments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kyla Laffoon <kyla@xxxxxxxxx>, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:46:21 -0700

In a few days I will have a version of DTBmaker for Macintosh which will work with Speech Manager this version will permit you to use any Speech manager voice including all the built in voices, Including the new Alex voice. It will also support Cepstral and Infovox voices in any language offered by those companies.

This will be a separate release of DTBmaker as Speech Manager does not support SSML and lexicon files that Cepstral's swift TTS system does. So for very high quality the original DTBmaker should be used. However this version which supports Infovox voices can record in languages not available from Cepstral; in particular the scandinavian languages.

Also this versions will not require any extra software or voices to use.

It will be Macintosh only as it will need the Speech Manager to from OSX to run and will support the Speech Managers control language which I will provide documentation for.

Greg Kearney