[macvoiceover] Re: Copying text from mail

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:53:07 -0500

first, you are not opening and closing windows, you are opening and closing child windows and for me this is much better and fewer keystrokes because I often tab between the mailbox list and the messages list and the paine of a payne gets in the way. Yes, this is somewhat of a holdover from my windows days but I like the feel of a clean interface, only two columns to tab between when I want to tab. I press enter on a message, command-w to close or delete to delete and I'm back in the list.

On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Josh de Lioncourt wrote:

David,

I'm very curious why you think the preview pane is a pain? It works beautifully for me. As you move through the messages in your mailbox, press VO-J to jump directly to the pane and VO reads the contents automatically, and you can move through the message with VO-arrows. Pressing VO-J returns you to the message. There is nothing difficult or tricky about it. What puts you off from using it? COnstantly opening and closing windows seems more troublesome to me.

Josh de Lioncourt
Mac-cessibility: http://www.Lioncourt.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lioncourt

"The rich declare themselves poor,
"And most of us are not sure,
"If we have too much,
"But we'll take our chances,
"'cause God stopped keeping score."
Praying for Time--George Michael

On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:37 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

There are two ways to copy text from a message. I don't use the preview payne because it's a payne but suspect his will work for you. when focussed on your message content, you need to interact with it, press vo keys with enter to begin selecting the text, use vo-arrows to select the text, when done, press vo-enter again to end selecting, press command-c to copy the text.

The other way to do this is to reply to or forward the message and then instead of sending it, use normal selection copy and paste.