[macvoiceover] Re: Copying and Pasting

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:11:07 -0400

please save yourhealth and bother the list. some bother us for far worse and issues like yours are what we are here for.

On Jul 24, 2009, at 12:13 AM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

Yes I know the copy and paste commands: they didn't work. The basics of my message should have included my use of these commands.
At 05:52 PM 7/23/2009, you wrote:
Hi Judy, command c is the copy command, and command v is the paste command, and thanks so much for the escape key stroke to deselect all, once the cursor tracking has been turned off.
On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:31:52 -0700, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

At the moment, I'm definitely in "I can't work this thing" mode. I
keep forgetting the simplest commands.

As in, I can't tell you how many times I'd press a command several
times before it "took"--until I remembered that when I have VO lock
on, I must press tab so that the next key stroke will be recognized: ugh!

I try the same commands over and over with no results.

Copy and Paste
I use a VR Stream and am trying to copy files from iTunes to my SD card.
I select an item (say an audible book) from my "songs" list. It shows
up as selected when I press VO-F6. But when I move to my SD card and
go to my audible folder, some other file now appears when I check the
VO-f6 window. Somehow my original file gets "lost" when I change from
one window to the other.

Copying (and pasting) multiple files

I've tried multiple file selection from the song list. I can't get
multiple file choice to work: I turn off cursor tracking; hit escape
to deselect all (as per manual instruction); move to my first item
and press vo-command space: nothing gets selected; so I can't even
move on to a second item!
I spend hours struggling before I bother the list, but I'm truly frustrated.
Thanks (mostly for letting me vent),
Judy

> macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty