[macvoiceover] Re: Clear Key on Macbook

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:40:32 -0400

Mike
If your Macbook has an internal numpad, clear is fn+6. However, note that macbook models after those in late 2007 do not have embeded numpads, so you will not be able to use numpad commander on the internal keyboard. If you have a standard keyboard with a numpad connected to your Mac, clear is the num lock key.

On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:33, Michael Busboom wrote:

Hi. In order to turn on the Numpad Commander, I read that the VO Clear combination should be used. I feel really stupid for asking this, but where is the Clear Key? When I use VO K to have keys identified, I never encounter this key.

If I am somehow missing the obvious, apologies in advance.

Thanks,

Mike

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams