[macvoiceover] Cepstral voices my impressions.

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:09:56 -0400

Hello  every one,

When I started working whith the Cepstral voices over 2 weeks ago, they did not respond very well, however they have done a good job with them and they are much better.

Every one likes to hear something differant, but for me, David is a good reading voice for e-mail or letters or useing the internet.

I have also found that the Cepstral voice speaks some things on the screen which the MAC voices have not spoken, like "dash repeats 47 times. I did not know they were there at all until I loaded Cepstral.

Cepstral will stop working from time to time when useing the doc, or, when you command-tab between applications. When this happens, just load a MAC voice and when it is successfully loaded, go back and reload the Cepstral voice.

Cepstral is a little slower to respond when typeing, so if you need to hear every word quickly, just use another voice for typeing, but for reading the Cepstral voice is the best voice on my MAC.

Keith Reedy
WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx
God gives his best to those who leave the choice with him--J. Hudson Taylor

Click on the link below to go to our homepage. http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx