[macvoiceover] Re: Can't send text messages

  • From: Judy Wilkinson <jwilkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 02:28:02 -0800

Thanks All:
All seems working fine. I think it just needed several hours for the network to
show up and for texting to work. But now all is good.
Judy
On Feb 13, 2015, at 8:34 AM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The other thing you can check is whether or not you have data roaming turned
off in your settings. The fact that you can get email makes me think that data
roaming is enabled, but it's worth checking. If you are getting your email
while on WiFi, but texting from outside of wifi coverage, that could be the
case. As noted by Keith you can disable iMessage, the downside of this is that
if people send you messages through iMessage you may not get them. They have to
check their setting to use sms when iMessage is not available. This one tripped
me up a bunch when people I knew had iPhones didn’t have iMessage turned on and
they never got my texts.

Oh, to find data roaming, go into settings, the cellular. There are options in
there for using 3G and turning on data roaming etc.

Ian