[macvoiceover] Re: Busy

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 17:26:58 -0400 (EDT)

I attended a Southern Maryland Mac Users Group meeting last night and
learned Lion is better at handling ram than Snow Leopard.  So this may
be a new or continuing Lion ram problem or a Snow Leopard ram problem.
And in this context, it's probably a valid probable cause for the
problem already described here unless found not to be the case.

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011, David Weston wrote:

> Hi Robert,
> Thank you for your explanation, it has been a great help. It is not so easy
> when you can not see the screen to know what is going on some times.
> David Weston.
> On 9 Aug 2011, at 19:06, Robert Nelson wrote:
>
> > Dear David,
> >
> > I don't know why Safari  may give the response busy.  My understanding is
> > that the  application is doing something, such as loading a page and is
> > spending all of its time processing, whatever it thinks it  needs to
> > process.  What I  really suspect is that there is some sort of conflict
> > with voice Over, the web page or the application.  Basically, I wait no
> > more  than thrity seconds.  If the "BUSY" response  has not stopped by
> > then, I will do one of two things:   either command-tab to another
> > application such as FINDER, wait a few seconds and  then command-tab back
> > to my application, or turn off Voice Over with command-F5 and then I wait a
> > few seconds and then toggle Voice Over back  on again.  If neither of these
> > is successful in resolving the "BUSY", I will bring up the Force  Quit
> > window with command-option escape.  force Quit will bring up a list of
> > open applications.  You interact with the table and  select the offending
> > application.  I cannot remember  when Force
 Quit  did not work   .  then I open the   application again.  Most of the time
I do not have a problem for the rest of the  session.  I almost never know what
caused the problem in the first place.