[macvoiceover] Re: Busy

  • From: Robert Nelson <Robert_Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 14:06:25 -0400

Dear David,

I don't know why Safari  may give the response busy.  My understanding is that
the  application is doing something, such as loading a page and is spending all
of its time processing, whatever it thinks it  needs to process.  What I
really suspect is that there is some sort of conflict with voice Over, the web
page or the application.  Basically, I wait no more  than thrity seconds.  If
the "BUSY" response  has not stopped by then, I will do one of two things:
either command-tab to another application such as FINDER, wait a few seconds
and  then command-tab back to my application, or turn off Voice Over with
command-F5 and then I wait a few seconds and then toggle Voice Over back  on
again.  If neither of these is successful in resolving the "BUSY", I will bring
up the Force  Quit window with command-option escape.  force Quit will bring up
a list of  open applications.  You interact with the table and  select the
offending   application.  I cannot remember  when Force Quit  did not work   .
then I open the   application again.  Most of the time I do not have a problem
for the rest of the  session.  I almost never know what caused the problem in
the first place.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely Yours,
robert>