[macvoiceover] Re: Blackboard

  • From: ezzie bueno <ezziebueno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:28:00 -0700

Thanks a bunch, James!

Ezzie

----- Original Message -----
From: James Dean <professordean@xxxxxxxxx
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:22:50 -0500
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: Blackboard

In order to get Voiceover to speak what is under the mouse, go into Voiceover utility with VO+f8, choose "Verbosity" from the table and choose the "Announcements" tab. Find the checkbox that says "Speak text under mouse after delay." I personally have this set to 0.5 seconds, but you can of course change it.

James A.  Dean

On Aug 20, 2011, at 3:30 PM, Nicole Hutchins wrote:

Hmm, that's strange. Voice over just reads to me whatever is under the mouse, and when I click it takes me to that object. I'm really hoping this "Create thread" thing gets fixed soon though. This way of working around is frustrating.

Nicole
On Aug 20, 2011, at 3:38 PM, ezzie bueno wrote:

The trackpad basically does what I can do on the keyboard. I never have it on either. The reason I asked is that I tried your suggestion for Blackboard, but VO would not talk. Hahaha.

Ezzie

From: Nicole Hutchins <nkhutch86@xxxxxxxxx
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:55:42 -0400

Hello,
I have been having the same issue.
I just move my mouse with my finger until I hear voice over read "Create thread" then I just click on it. That has been the only way I've found to get it to work. If there are any better ways to work around this, I'd love to know what they are. :)

Nicole
On Aug 20, 2011, at 2:21 PM, ezzie bueno wrote:

Hello list,

I am taking some courses online that use Blackboard. For these courses, I am required to post answers to the Discussion Board. When I click on the question and try to click the "Create Thread" link, Voiceover says "Menu Bar". I see the Create Thread" link via the Web Item Rooter and the Item Chooser menu, but get the "menu bar" when I point my cursor to it. I've tried interracting with the "menu bar", but it appears as text. I cannot click on it. What do you all do in these cases, beside asking for sighted assstiance?

Ezzie Bueno
Sent from my BrailleNote Apex
Skype: sillyez
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sillyez