[macvoiceover] Re: Automated Mail Scripts Available

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:25:46 -0500

wow, creating these things with voiceover will be an excellent item to share with people.

On Dec 14, 2007, at 8:42 AM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

I created them using Automator. I can't say it is easy but it is one of those things that you get use to. You can almost make your computer do what you want it to do in two clicks. I say almost because Apple Scripts can be created to do the rest. I wanted these features in mail because I didn't like the steps it took to save attachments. I usually don't open them because I pretty much know what they are, so I wanted a easy way to move them without having to interact as much. To make a long story longer I think Automator is the best application on the Mac. I believe in my heart that we will see more and more Windows switchers next year. My fear is that the Mac audiance will get larger and a target for viruses. Personally if you do something over and over then Automator will save you time and if time is money, then I will learn to use Automator.
On Dec 14, 2007, at 7:24 AM, John Hess wrote:

got a question, how are these scripts created is this through automater or using apple scripts? is it easy to do or do you have to have a bit of programing knowledge? I ask this because I am always looking for ways to promote the mac and voiceover and this abillity sounds helpfull.
On Dec 14, 2007, at 4:13 AM, VaShaun Jones wrote:

Listers for anyone that's interested I created two Mail scripts that will handle either sending a file as a attachment from Finder or extracting attachments from mail messages and saving them in a folder. If anyone is interested please contact me off list for the scripts and instructions.