[macvoiceover] Audible and other sites you are having trouble with in Safari5.

  • From: Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:22:26 -0400

Hi folks,

The first thing to remember is that Safari has been changed and I'm sure that
the interface with Voiceover will improve over time, however, until it does,
here are some things that may help you.

This is not the first time we have seen this kind of thing, we saw this a few
months ago with ebay.com and the fix is the same.

1:  Go to the Audible site and sign in.
2:  If you are having the problem, it should start now.
3:  Press command-l to show the address.
4:  You should see a rather long address with,
UseBVCookie=Yes at the end of it.  Change the yes to know.
5:  Press enter to bring up the page and if you have entered your login
information correctly, the page should have your name on it.
6:  Now bookmark that page.
7:  When you want to go back in to your Audible page, use the book mark.

You can use this method for pages where you are having problems.

Keith Reedy>