[macvoiceover] Re: Apple may be trying to hard to make pronunciation and correction smart!

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 17:26:00 -0600

Heather from infovox does it correctly. Karen prononces both of them the same
but it sounds a bit peculiar to me because of her accent, almost like there's
an extra syllable in braille - lol!

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Nov 4, 2015, at 5:20 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I can't explain that. I haven't done anything different to my voices
and this is how Alex sounds on mine. I have no idea why.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Nov 4, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Richard Bartholomew <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On my system with Daniel, Alex and Karen, they all sound the same, ie no
difference with or without the capital!

On 4 Nov 2015, at 22:56, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I would imagine that would possibly make a difference as Daniel's
accent is also different. Or maybe Alex is supposed to be smarter than
Daniel!

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You, Lord,
my rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalm 19:14 HCSB)

On Nov 4, 2015, at 4:54 PM, Richard Bartholomew <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Interestingly, using Daniel, they both sound the same!

On 4 Nov 2015, at 22:50, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I am mainly joking but try this and see what I mean. Type
refreshabraille without a capital and then type Refreshabraille with a
capital on the R. I did it with a capital in an email and then spent
quite a bit of time, due to the pronunciation, trying to figure out if i
had typed something wrong! In fact, I bet some of you thought I had
spelled it wrong when you heard it. But if you put quotes around it, even
with a capital, the pronunciation is normal.

Then there's autocorrection. If you have autocorrection on, be very
careful! Try typing brltty, b r l t t y,.. It will probably end up as
bratty (you know - like somebody being a spoiled brat - and that's how it
will go out unless you fix it and get your fix to stick! I am sure that
most of the time pronunciation and autocorrection do really clever
things, but these are hilariously funny examples and I imagine there are
plenty more. Just for your entertainment!