[macvoiceover] Re: Apple Launches OS X Mountain Lion via Mac App Store for $19.99 - Mac Rumors

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:02:52 -0400

I purchased a MacBook Air in the last week. It is supposed to come with a free
upgrade to Mountain Lion. I tried to use the web form to request the upgrade at

https://uptodate.apple.com/UtdPrepareAction?program=Mountain%20Lion&locale=en_us

But it isn't accessible on any browser. You must enter the date by using some
inaccessible calendar control, and even the button to submit the form is some
non-standard Javascript thing. Doesn't even work on Windows (Internet
Explorer/Firefox).

Oh well. I have a suggestion. Next time, they should write the whole form in
Flash, and require that it run inside of a Java VM, and, of course, only let it
run on Safari. Only a form of that complexity is worth collecting my purchase
date, number of qualifying systems, and the name of the reseller that sold it
to me. Certainly, if they switch to a basic form, we'll all think them
amateurs. This is frustrated sarcasm, just to be clear.

Bryan

On Jul 25, 2012, at 8:58 AM, ShamelessFanGirl wrote:

Working here too; was downloading at 9% last time I checked, and ould finish in
just under an hour.

So excited! :D
On Jul 25, 2012, at 8:55 AM, George B wrote:

i am downloading rite now