[macvoiceover] Re: Another iTunes Question...

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 10:09:41 -0400

I didn't leave the Apple help system which is probably why I got all of the information about the iPod Shuffle instead of something more useful.

On May 24, 2009, at 9:28 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

no, I just typed "how to shuffle songs in itunes" into google.

On May 24, 2009, at 9:23 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

David, you are indeed the king of the VO/Macintosh world.
On May 24, 2009, at 7:48 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I found:
http://_party_shuff.htm

On May 23, 2009, at 5:46 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Now before you send me off to the FAQ list, keep in mind that my problem is about shuffling songs in a playlist on the desktop version of iTunes and Apple has a product called shuffle so, no matter how many ways I tried to find an answer to my question, I found more and more stuff about the cute new device.

My jazz collection is really big. In iTunes, it suggests that all of it would take more than 4 days of non-stop play to get through it. I created a monstrous playlist that holds all of it so I could just turn it on and via my Airport Express, listen to it on my home stereo.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the playlist to shuffle, sometimes it seems to jump forward by a few songs but it always moves in the same direction. Thus, my large Armstrong collection will have a bunch of songs played before it moves onto something that might start with a "b" where it will find a bunch of different people named Bill and it will play a bunch of them which leads us to Duke which, even skipping some songs, could easily be 8 hours of music.

So, what does one do to make his playlists shuffle? Also, how does one search Apple help for "shuffle" without getting buried in articles about the cute little device.

cdh