[macvoiceover] Annoying Amazon dialog

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macvoiceover Email list <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:43:28 -0500

Does anybody know what to do about those ridiculous dialogs that now come up on
Amazon when you are trying to look at your cart or buy something or check your
order? I can usually find some way around them but they are terrifically
annoying! I tried disabling popup windows but apparently that isn't how they
work. I have no intention of going to their "optomized" website; I don't think
it gives all the information that the main site does and I consider it to be a
ghetto - separate and inequal! Even sighted people tell me the website is way
too busy and cluttered! So has anybody found a consistent way to stop these
things that say "dialog" over and over just when you are about to reach what
you want? There's often a "close" button too but that is often also ineffective.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Cheryl

"Today, all sorts of subjects are eagerly pursued;.
but the knowledge of God is neglected….
Yet to know God is man's chief end, and justifies his existence.
Even if a hundred lives were ours,
this one aim would be sufficient for them all."
(Calvin: commentary on Jeremiah 9:24.)