[macvoiceover] ABBYY FineReader Pro 12.1.1 for Mac

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 04:24:39 -0600

Hello fellow listers,

        I just purchased ABBYY FineReader Pro for Mac, as they were offering
if for $50 off the original price of $119.99.

        Now that I have this program, can anyone on the list give me some
pointers on how to make the most efficient use of it as an OCR tool
with VoiceOver?

        Also, does anyone have good luck using it for reading bills,
envelopes, etc?

        I've seen things, in the past, on this list, which seem to suggest
ABBYY FineReader is a decent OCR app, for the price, on the Mac.  I
also have ABBYY FineReader Express on my Mac, but notice that doesn't
seem to be able to be purchased anymore, or am I wrong?  I hope I
didn't make a mistake, buying FineReader Pro for Mac?

        Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Ron

Ron J. | AKA: Ganahee

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals.  Then
something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination; we
learned to talk."

From Pink Floyd's album, "The Division Bell", the track, "Keep Talking".