[macvoiceover] A solution for programmers, and a question about finder....

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:55:11 -0000

Hi everybody,

Firstly, For those of us who are programmers, and those who want text edit to
save in plain text so we can provide our own extentions, i've found how to do
it.
Here is how:
1. Open text edit.
2. Type your code or what ever you want to type.
3. Press cmd shift T to make plain text.
4. Go into the save as dialog, and type the file name, with the extention for
example index.php
5. Press the save button.
Done! Your file is saved as plain text and text edit will remember this choice
until you go to format and select "make rich text"
Hope this helps!

Now for my question:
Is there any way to drag files from teh finder into an application? I'm using
an ftp program, and the only way to upload files is to drag them from the
finder into a table in the app.

Thanks,

Ash