[macvoiceover] Re: A good Voiceover compatible Twitter client?

  • From: Janet and Felix * <janetfelix2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 06:58:09 -0700

Well I can tell you what the buttons are. I only use one of them. Maybe the
twitter users here can help me with another way to do it? I'll tell you in a
second.

The first button opens the Twitter.com home page.

The next one going to the right, isn't a button, and I'm confused why its
labeled. There is nothing visually there yet Alex says "progress indicator" and
it does absoutely nothing when I click it. It's not a button.  Just a space.
Weird.

The next three are the view preferences for the pod. The first of those, just
to the right of "progress indicator" shows just the lists of twits, senders,
senders pic if any, and time message was sent. The second of these one shows
both the list and a floating picture of the words, and the third just shows the
floating picture of the words and no list.  I think those two options are
completely stupid. Someone thought it looked cool, I guess. I find it useless
and annoying.

The next three button continuing on to the right say "All" "Me" and "Url".  All
shows everyone's twits. Me shows only your own.  And Url shows only the twits
with Urls in them.

Now my question!  When I use the @ feature to respond to someone, all of the
twits in my list changes so all the messages showing are from the person I'm
replying to.

I change it back to everyone's twitter posts by going to the "All" button.

How do you change it back? Or does it change like that, your list of your Twit
messages, after you reply to someone? I guess I'm asking what the next thing
you do is after you send a message with @ in it is.

Trying to anticipate how to help Felix. Still trying to convince him to try
Twitter. He doesn't like lists. But Twitter is different, so he might try it.

Thanks.

janet