[macvoiceover] A few questions from a newbie

  • From: "blind Treasures" <blindtreasures@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 06:51:49 -0500

Hi everyone, I am highly considering the purchase of a Mac Mini. Before I
take the plunge however, I want to make sure that it is going to work in my
current setup. If anyone could help with the following questions or direct
me where I can find the answers I would greatly appreciate it.
1. I am currently running a wireless windows network and wondering if I am
going to have any issues with the Mac Mini accessing files on the network
since they were created in windows. These files would be mostly word and
excel type files.
2. I have a lot of files that have been archived with WinZip, Does the Mac
have a program that is compatible with these sort of files?
3. I am wanting to connect the Mac Mini to a TV which has RCA type video
plugs, what adapter do I need? I was told a DVI to Video one but when I
looked it up, it didn't mention the Mac mini working with it.
4. I currently own a Iphone and love the fact that there are many
applications available for it. Is there a place you can go to find
applications for the Mac?
5. Lastly and this will probably seem like a stupid question but I'm coming
from a Jaws background. I am looking into also getting a wireless keyboard
and the one I saw mentioned a numeric keypad in the title but when reading
the reviews people state that it does not have one. Is a number pad
necessary to work Voice Over like it is with Jaws or can you get along fine
without one?
Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide. I am very excited
about getting my first Mac.

Tony