[macvoiceover] A couple of apps that use the Fleksy keyboard

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:17:43 -0600

I’ve been playing with a couple of apps that integrate the latest version of
the mainstream Fleksy keyboard. The main Fleksy is accessible again, but still
lacks some features of the Voiceover version. It will be available as a system
keyboard when Apple opens things up to third party keyboards with IOS 8, but
for now it is built into a growing number of apps.

The two I’ve been playing with are 1writer for note taking, and tweetings 2 for
twitter. Both are paid apps, coming in at $3, but I figured it was worth it to
learn and the endless entertainment value of playing with a new app. Not saying
anything about the entertainment value for my wife as I grunt and growl trying
to figure out a new app.

If you decide to try these apps, find the applevis guide labelled enabling
fleksy in tweetings 2, you enable the keyboard the same way in 1writer. It took
me a couple of times, but I eventually got it.

I’m wondering if anyone esle on the list is using these apps, and if ther are
any tips and tricks. My biggest issue is not being able to get to the end of an
edit field with the fleksy keyboard enabled. The standard double tap didn’t do
it for me, so if anyone else has had success please enlighten.

If it turns out I’m pioneering this for the list, I’ll add them to my list of
guides I really should write.

Cheers,

Ian