[macvisionaries] Voiceover number of character repeats

  • From: - <dandunfee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, applesupportvi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 10:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

When one has a number of characters in a row vo can be set to speak them or not depending on their number. For example, 3 "x's" in a row will be spoken or not depending on the voiceover utility verbosity - text repeat setting.

I cann't get this to work. Given 3 characters in a row, regardless of the number chosen vo continues to speak them.

I have tried 2 3 and 4 as the repeat number to no avail. What am I missing and what needs to be done to make it work as desired?

Thanks.
XB