[mac4theblind] Re: what do we do about productivity on the Mac?

  • From: "Bubba" <bubbathegeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:35:47 -0400

Yes, if you have a Mac you can run boot camp and put windows on it. Also you
can use a windows machine. NO you cannot wish it to happen. But that is
about all your hope is with MS making office on the Mac accessible to us.
Making MS accessible on the Mac really has nothing to do with the work
place. Especially government if you are working with the government. Or for
that matter most of private enterprise goes. They use mostly Windows machine
with MS office and if you want a Job you will learn to use windows machine
with windows screen reader and MS office. I don't see MS anytime soon making
office on the Mac accessible. Like it or not 90 percent of the PC users are
Windows users. We are a very small part of that 90 percent and even less of
the other 10 percent that uses other OS. If anything I think we should
encourage Apple to make I work more accessible and more like the MS office
as a very good production tool. This in my thoughts would be the best is to
use what is already accessible to us and build on it. But this is my
thoughts and it really to me sound like you are just PO with MS about not
making MS office on the Mac accessible. I would like it to be this would be
great but it would not be a deal breaker or would it stop me in my present
job or getting another job. If I needed windows and a windows screen reader
and Ms office for the Job and I really wanted the job then I would foot the
bill or get help footing the bill and do what it took and not cry and all
about it. I not asking for a hand out or anything I am happy for anything I
can get and any help I can get but when it comes down to it I have me to
rely on not hoping for something that more than likely not going to happen.
So write MS about it I don't think it will do any good. Now this is all I
have to say about this. JMT

Sign,
Bubba
bubbathegeek@xxxxxxxxx