[mac4theblind] #o.t: the differents betwen kilibits and kilibytes: I'm confused.

  • From: Sarah Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:15:01 -0700

Hello to all. I'm just a bit confused.  I was having a discussion on twitter
regarding the differens between what I see on my downloads area  and what's
actually happening. I had something download at 130kbps and take about 6
minutes. the size was I think 100mb. Not someone  sayd that capital B was for I
think bytes and lower case b was for kilibits for example. I cannot convert
what I'm seeing in to something useful like for example if I say this
connection is getting 700kbps what is that. 7mbps? I know that much but it's
when I see downloading at x speed and how to convert that in to something I can
picture in my head.

I know I'm crazy but I'm feeling stupid at the moment.

thanks all************