[mac4theblind] Re: maybe 3rd time is charm

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 11:27:13 -0500

This could become complex.  This looked like a different question the first
time I saw it and it looked complicated all the same.

Here's what you need to do in a nutshell. Create rules for your mail as well as
creating folders for them to be sorted into.  if you want, you can sort them by
hand and skip the rules.  At this point though, the discussion should be taken
up on the phone or in private because the process of writing all of this out
for you would be quite extensive.
It is possible though that knowing you need folders and possibly runes, may
lead you closer o the information for a solution you seek.  There is a lot of
good info on using the mac that will help you get a jump on the learning curve.
 for instance, if you open mail and press comand-question mark, you will get
help specifically for mail.  If you would like help from someone on a one to
one basis, let us know.  I know how it feels to be starting out on the mac, I
have been a jaws user for most of the last 20 years with the last five using it
less and less in favor of the mac.

Let's talk.

On Jan 7, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Catnip wrote:

This is my third request for someone to tell me how to move all my saved
email that has been uploaded from my PC and now is in my inbox to folders.
I'm a totally new mac Lion user and everything seems geared to someone who
also knows how to use an I phone or I mac with new terminology as well as a
new desktop look.

If none of you knows how to do this, please tell me that too so I won't be
expecting your help.

Sharon

People who hate cats will come back as mice!

with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
reducing technology's disabilities