[mac4theblind] application dialogs

  • From: Justin Harford <blindstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:36:08 -0700

Hi guys

A few days ago I had opened a document in textedit, and I pressed command s to
bring up the save dialog. I put in the title and selected the location, and
pressed enter and nothing happened. I navigated to the save button, which was
not dimmed, and I pressed it, and nothing. I think the computer might have
played that sound that means you tried to do a command that cannot be done.
When I took a closer look, I noticed that a dialog had popped up saying that a
new doc could not be created. Apart from the weirdness of not being able to
create a new document, I was not able by any means of the keyboard to navigate
or to even see that dialog, or know it was there if not for my low vision. I
have also noticed this in other apps like safari, in which vo gets stuck in the
busy signal of death until you click the dialog away.

Has anyone noticed these dialogs or this behavior? It is sort of reminiscent of
the days of tiger, except then you could use vo f1 to get to the messages, and
now you can't.

Thanks
Justin Harford