[mac4theblind] Re: a trace route command in the terminal

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:35:50 -0400

http is a strict protocal and sometimes, it is blocked from ping which is
needed for tracerout.

On Sep 22, 2011, at 12:49 AM, Sarah Alawami wrote:

I did get the address. it was http://listen.ultrastreams.us.

Now why it worked with out the http is beyond me but a windows user pointed
that out to me when they viewed my output.

what'e the differents between

traceroute http://listen.ultrastreams.us and

traceroute listen.ultrastreams.us?

why does the first one give unknown host and the second one work?