[mac4theblind] Re: USING THE DASHBOARD AND WORKING WITH WIDGETS!!!

  • From: Anthony Vece <ajvece@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:01:04 -0400

Hi Vickie;

How do you select the different widgets or applications?

In other words, when I pull up my dashboard, the only application that seems to come up is the calculator.

Anthony

On 5 Sep 2005, at 10:55, John Weir wrote:

Very few of the dashboard widgets are really accessable. I have tested them all, and some will let you enter the widget but little else. I have made a number of bug reports on this problem so Apple knows. Vickie Weir

Anthony Vece wrote:

Hi Everyone;

They say necessity is the Mother of invention and, indeed it is.

While I was working in the checking account I needed to use the calculator.

It worked.

I can use the calculator but, is their anything else that I can use on the dashboard?

What are widgets and, can they be used with vo?

When I use the calculator, I tab to the number and then press it with the vo keys and the spacebar. Is their a more direct way?

Thanks for taking the time to read this email and a very healthy and happy and safe LABOR DAY to all of us in the USA.

Sincerely

Anthony Vece