[mac4theblind] Re: Reading with a braille display

  • From: Scott Davert <scottslistmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:08:09 -0400

Hi Cheryl.
Well, it doesn't exactly effect the Mac if you always remain connected
via USB. The design of the USB connection on the RB was set up so that
you wouldn't be able to easily pull the cable out of the display.
Which works, but it's also a challenge to plug it in. The other
draw-back related to bluetooth operation. When you get down to 1/3 of
the battery life, every few minutes for about 10 seconds, the battery
low message will appear in uncontracted braille. it'll stay there for
10-15 seconds, and anything you do will not get rid of it. Although,
if you keep typing or moving around the screen, even though that
batttery low message is up there, you're still interacting with the
device. Those are my only issues with it as a display. It's still the
best deal on a display giving you the most cells for the least amount
of money.

Scott