[mac4theblind] Re: Mac and startup repair or equivalent

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:56:38 -0400

     There is a startup repair, safe mode similar to Windows, but like in
Windows, a screen reader is unable to run in this mode.  You hold down the
shift key at startup to go into Safe mode, or command-s to start verbose mode,
in which the start up process is d displayed on the screen.

    If you need to do general maintenance, use Disk Utility and run a disk
permissions and a repair permissions.  There are also several untility
applications, like, Onix, that can be useful.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX LION