[mac4theblind] Re: Itunes and activating voice over on the IPhone

  • From: Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:31:59 -0700 (PDT)

Well, that even tops mine.

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, John Panarese wrote:

   I believe it, Brian.  The kids these days are incredible with technology.
My twin 3 year old nephews can operate my sister in-law's iPod touch, including
playing music and going through her pictures she has transferred to it.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Aug 2, 2011, at 8:17 PM, Brian and Denise Albriton wrote:

Sounds likely. I'll tell you a lovely story. The last time this happened a ten
yearold girl fixed it.
Chances are, it will get fixed the same way again.
Brian

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, John Panarese wrote:

Hi Brian,
   I'd normally say that when you open the menu in iTunes with VO keys-m, look
under the iTunes menu for the first item, which is, About iTunes.  You'd hit
enter on that, but I have just discovered that it doesn't seem to show the
version number.  I would guess, though, that you have version 10.4.  I think
that's the version people are having problems with.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Aug 2, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Brian and Denise Albriton wrote:

Hey, john. I managed to find universal access. Those were excellent
instructions. I may have to go back to my old net  book for this. The itunes on
this mac has that bug where it pops back to zoom and the voice over doesn't get
enabled.
Not sure which version of itunes this came with. How do you find out by the way?
Cheers.
Brian

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, John Panarese wrote:

  With the iPhone connected, you want to find it in your source list first.
Then, navigate to the scroll area where your iPhone settings can be found.  You
have to check the button for, Summary, and navigate passed the other tabs.  You
want to find, accessibility and VO space on that.  You should find the checkbox
to toggle VoiceOver on.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Aug 2, 2011, at 4:21 PM, Brian and Denise Albriton wrote:

I'm pretty unfamiliar with itunes on the mac.
After I've connected my Iphone what do I do to activate voiceover?
Brian