[mac4theblind] Re: Ipad 2 help

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 14:27:12 -0400

if you open safari, you will find in bookmarks, the ios user guide, there is a
section which describes how to use voiceover with the bluetooth keyboard.

The guide to which you refer is for mac os.

hth.

On Sep 8, 2011, at 1:56 PM, aspen wrote:

Hello list,

I'm a new member trying to make the transition from dos to the ipad 2 using the
Apple blue tooth keyboard and not getting to first base. As a guide, I am using
"voiceover getting started" at http://www.apple.com/voiceover/info/guide.
For example, vo command 58 does not start the tutorial.
vo h does not bring up the voiceover help menu.
vo hh does not bring up the commands menu.
Choosing system preferences in the apple menu, then clicking keyboard and then
keyboard again does not present the option to have the function keys operate as
function keys.
I do have voiceover operational.  Is there a vo gide for dummies?
Thanks.

Bill

with his
Hands-On Technolog(eye)s