[mac4theblind] Re: IPad2

  • From: Josh de Lioncourt <overlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:23:12 -0400

Well, you have posted on some lists as JOe and some as Bubba and I didn't put
that much thought into it when I replied. Sorry, in any case. Should pay more
attention to which name I'm replying to. LOL.

Shortly after I posted, a game developer and a web site who both received
iPhone 4S devices in advanced have confirmed that they have 512MB of RAM, so it
looks like the specs are basically the same as the iPad 2.

Also, historically, the iPad has always been ahead of the iPhone in terms of
the processor. Apple's A4 chip was released in the original iPad in April 2010,
before reaching the iPhone 4 in June. This year, the iPad 2 had the A5 chip
before it made it to the iPhone 4S. So, really, it's all in which specs you
want to quote, as far as which one is behind the other. The iPad and iPhone
models that are released in the same year are usually roughly comparable in
specifications.

I don't believe the iPad, or the iPod touch for that matter, will ever have a
camera on par with the iPhone. This is especially true of the iPad, as it just
isn't a device where photography makes much sense. The cameras are their for
FaceTime primarily. If a user is interested in OCR or other camera related
functionality, the iPhone is probably the better choice in that case.