[mac4theblind] Re: Firefox compatibility with Voiceover

  • From: John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 13:03:42 -0400

   They claim they are going to make Firefox accessible with VoiceOver.  At
least, there were some people who had a very productive dialog going with the
developers.  I really don't know the status of those talks, however.

    As a related note, Omniweb works fairly well with VoiceOver.  It has a
different interface and there are some unlabeled buttons in a few places.
Also, preferences doesn't seem to be completely accessible.  However, if you
want a backup to Safari and you're willing to take the time to play with it, it
is another web alternative.  It is fast and I have yet to encounter any busy
signals.  If you use the Blind Micemart site for DVS audio, it also works with
the site.

    Does anyone know for sure how well Opera and Chrome stand with VoiceOver?
Last I heard, they were both close, but table navigation and a few other things
were not working.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT