[mac4theblind] Re: Dragon Dictate for Mac - Any handling problems?

  • From: Justin Harford <blindstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:36:11 -0700

What version are they at now? I have just become stuck with 2.5.1 and am amazed
at how well it works, at least compared with my last experience. I was able to
set it up without vision, and just as well use it without vision. Now the one
thing I would have recommended to a non-visual person using it is to have
access to the screen to actually look at what it is writing. My refreshable
braille display is a must in this situation. I just used the internal mike in
my macbook with earbuds to keep the sound from reflecting back at itself, and
even like that it works pretty darn well.

Anyway, old version I guess. I'm sorry to hear that it has gone down hill.
Voice dictation has intermittently been important for me over the years, when
my wrists cannot stand the keyboard anymore.

Regards
Justin Harford