[mac4theblind] Re: Apple TV mailing list?

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:10:19 -0500

   No, it's not a toggle like the iDevices have.  The triple click only works
for the initial setup.

    Here is something I saved from another list.

If VoiceOver becomes disabled on your Apple TV, you can use these steps to
enable VoiceOver again.

1.      Press the Menu button (the smaller left button) ten times on your
aluminum Apple remote to ensure that you are on a main menu screen. Each
time you press a button, you should hear a confirmation tone.
2.      Press the Right button, on the circular navigation button, four
times to navigate to the Settings screen and press Select (the middle of the
circular navigation button).
3.      Press Select again to choose the General menu.
4.      Press the Down button on the circular navigation button eleven
times. This takes you to the Accessibility Menu.
5.      Then press the Select button twice. This will select the VoiceOver
option and enable it.

You should hear VoiceOver become active.

You can find the main Apple TV support page linked below. That page provides
additional information about using the Apple TV.

http://www.apple.com/support/appletv

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com