[mac4theblind] Re: Am I the only VO user who doesn't get VO announcing at the login screen?

  • From: Justin Harford <blindstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 10:46:47 -0800

Hi there

You should keep in mind that when you hear the chime, your computer is not even
close to being started up. It just sounds off when it is showing bios, then you
have to wait for the system to load itself, which might take more or less time
depending on how many apps it is starting. If you have it set to preserve
things the way they were when you shut it off, if you left a bunch of stuff
opened, it has to go bacck and re-open it.

In a nutshell, your computer has a lot going on when it starts up, which could
explain why voiceover doesn't start up so quikcly. I usually never turn my
macbook off, unless perhaps i haven't done so in a month, or if I won't get to
a plug for a while and the battery is critically low.

Regards
Justin