[mac4theblind] Re: 3rd party browser and email accessibility, as well as some other thoughts. was Re: Firefox compatibility with Voiceover

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 13:53:22 -0400

     I would try the suggestions offered by David and others.  Clearing the
Cache, from personal experience, helped my Safari experiences tremendously.
Also, run a permissions check for the heck of it as well.  If you are running
Lion, in the VoiceOver Utility, change the
setting in the Page Loading tab of the Web category to play tone when a webpage
is loading instead of speak progress.

      For whatever the reason, it seems that upgrading to Lion from Show
Leopard without a clean install has created problems those of us who did a
clean install are not having.  This is more speculation than based on
scientific fact, but I have read enough on these lists and on forums to be
convinced that there is something to this.  Again, if you did do an upgrade to
Lion, run a permissions check and clean the cache of Safari.  This is done
under the Safari menu when you are in safari.
 I honestly don't know what is meant by speeding up mail reading.  Under the
standard view in mail with conversations, I can go through 300 messages quite
quickly.  You can also try the classic view and just interact with the subject
field of the headers and quickly browse through your list of messages as well.
I find Mail to be quite fast and easy to go through.  I think I went through
310 messages in 25 minutes this morning.  There are several podcasts that
explain how to configure mail and optimize it for easy reading and use.  I find
Apple Mail to be much easier and better than any flavor of Outlook or Windows
Mail, especially considering the difference in spam I now get copared to the
nightmare days of Outlook.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT