MAASE Announcement ESY & Early Intervening Funding - Important Meeting

  • From: Tony Thaxton <anthonythaxton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <maase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:48:50 -0700

Dear MAASE Colleagues:

We have two opportunities for you to participate in developing positions on
behalf of MAASE. We invite you to come to Ionia ISD (thanks to our fine host,
Scott Hubble) on Tuesday, October 2 at 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. (if needed) to
work on one of these two issues:

(1) OSE-EIS has asked MAASE to help draft a technical assistance document for
use of early intervening funds. Scott Hubble has agreed to facilitate this
group. We are interested in recruiting people who have used early intervening
funds to this work group. If you can participate, please bring information
about how you have used the funds.

(2) Mark Moody, our MAASE president, would like us to draft comments related to
the proposed ESY Guidelines that were presented to the Michigan State Board of
Education on August 14. (See attached document.) I have volunteered to
facilitate this work group. If you are volunteering for this work group, please
thoroughly read the attached document, and come prepared with your comments and
experiences in providing ESY services in your county.

We will meet together for lunch, then hope to share the work accomplished by
the two groups with the entire group at the end of the day.

If you can give us a day to work on one of these documents, please respond to
Michaelean Patterson (Scott Hubble's Administrative Assistant) at 616-527-4900,
ext. 1206,  by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 28. Please state which work group
you wish to join. If you would rather send an email to confirm, Michaelean's
email address is:
mpatteron@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am asking Tony Thaxton to send this to the broader MAASE membership.

Lucy Hough-Waite
Director of Special Education
Kent Intermediate School District
2930 Knapp Street NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: 616-365-2297 or 616-365-2299
Fax: 616-447-2440
Email: lucyhoughwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx

You have received this message as a member of the MAASE Announcement List.
If you would no longer like to receive these announcements, please send your
request to: kbconsult@xxxxxxxxxx